Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes fat in certain areas of your body using suction. This procedure takes place using cannulas, which are small and thin tubes with blunted tips. The doctor inserts the cannulas through small incisions in the patient’s skin, and then fat is suctioned through the tubes as they target certain fat deposits under the skin. Lipo can be done using the traditional methods, or it can be assisted by ultrasound or laser, which both help to liquefy the fat before it is suctioned out.
This cosmetic procedure is among the most common plastic surgeries for both men and women, so it is very popular. However, it is commonly misunderstood. The purpose of lipo is not necessarily to reduce body weight or remove cellulite as a treatment of obesity. Rather, liposuction is to reshape certain areas of the body, and typically targets “problem areas” that do not respond well to diet and exercise. While this procedure is not just an alternative as a weight loss tool, it can do a lot of good.
Major Advantages of Liposuction
The health benefits of liposuction surgery are many. If you really want to lose fat permanently, liposuction can be the ideal solution for you. Check out why you should go for liposuction and all the facts on recovery after a liposuction treatment. This will help accelerate the healing process and help you ease back into your daily routine faster. To know more information on Liposuction check Ksd-media
The Benefits of Liposuction are as follows :
1. It enhances the shape and contour of your body.
2. It additionally helps remove lipomas (benign fatty tumors) from certain areas of the body.
3. It helps people with gynecomastia ( when people who have excessive amounts of fatty breast tissue) as it helps remove fatty breast tissue.
4. It treats specific conditions such as lipodystrophy syndrome. This is a fat metabolism disturbance in which there is excessive fat in certain parts of the body, but not much fat in other parts of the body.
5. The effects of liposuction are long-lasting so long as the patient’s weight remains the same and not increase after the procedure.
6. It improves the shape of someone’s body, making it look natural. For example, someone who has had a gastric band or bypass procedure corrects abnormalities that result from weight loss.
7. It helps treat excessive sweating, especially in the armpit areas and chafing in other areas, such as thighs.
8. The results are not immediate but you can enhance your appearance in a day. Though the swelling takes a few weeks to reduce the enhancements are evident in a few days.
9. It makes you a healthier person as you focus on exercise and good dieting, as you have to maintain the liposuction results.
The Risks of Liposuction are as follows :
1 It has a gradual healing process that can involve moderate scarring, bruising that may last up to 4-5 months after the surgery, and possible vomiting for the few days following the procedure.
2. It may lead to nutritional deficiencies from malabsorptive operations, or anemia.
3. It can cause thrombophlebitis, which is when a blood clot forms in a vein causing that vein to become significantly inflamed. This is more likely when the area treated is inside the knee or upper thigh.
4. Patients may experience numbness in certain areas for several weeks following the procedure, but numbness is usually only temporary.
5. There are risks of skin infections resulting from liposuction. While this is rare, the skin infections may require surgery to fix and could result in scarring.
6. Inflammation surrounding the treated areas can occur for up to 6 months after the surgery, this can also be accompanied with fluids oozing from the incisions.
7. With such significant amounts of fluids being pumped and suctioned through the body, the change in fluid levels may possibly be problematic for your heart and kidney in the future.
8. It can also be problematic for a patient’s lungs as it can cause pulmonary embolism, which is when fat enters the bloodstream and then the heart, and it can cause pulmonary edema, which is when fluid accumulates in the lungs.
9. The friction from the cannulas may cause skin burns, which can cause damage to both the skin and the nerves in the treated areas. (Skin always has a possibility to be damaged from liposuction)
10. And, of course, there is always a possibility and risk of the patient having an allergic reaction, or just a bad reaction, to the anesthesia, which can always be life-threatening in the worst cases.
There are quite a few risks involved with liposuction, but don’t let those risks make you panic. Lipo has generally been a very safe procedure, especially if done by a qualified medical professional in a properly equipped doctor’s office, surgery center, or hospital. However, as always, you must consult your doctor to make sure liposuction is right for you, as certain conditions might increase the possibility of the risks associated with lipo. Otherwise, it has been a very successful procedure for many people every year, so don’t be scared to ask!
Visit Personiks to know more about the treatment and cost of Liposuction treatment in Hyderabad.